For Immediate Release
Washington, DC – Sixty-one business organizations sent a letter to members of Congress urging them to take swift action to help patients, employers, and taxpayers by promptly voting to pass legislation such as the bipartisan Lower Health Care Costs Act (S. 1895).
The letter made several suggestions on how lawmakers could reduce costs. Those suggestions, included:
- Ending the surprise medical billing crisis by enacting a local, market‐based benchmark backstop
- Harnessing market forces to reduce the high costs of prescription drugs
- Requiring transparency, fairness and competition in the health care system
- Funding America’s public health infrastructure
- Improving health information technology
Click here to read the letter in its entirety and for a complete list of participating organizations.