Today, ERIC sent a letter to Congress urging members to pass H.R. 748, the “Middle Class Health Benefits Tax Repeal Act of 2019,” which would eliminate the Cadillac tax.
ERIC’s letter lays out what employers may have to do, if Congress fails to repeal:
• Directly shift costs to employees
• Eliminate employer contributions to consumer-directed accounts
• Reduce access to care
• Eliminate coverage for spouses and dependents, and separate out or eliminate excepted benefit
• Drastically redesign plans
• Eliminate investments in health
Click here to read ERIC’s letter.