As we advocate at the state and local levels for uniformity and employer flexibility in paid leave legislation, we invite your comments on ERIC’s updated Paid Family and Medical Leave Principles. Proposed paid leave bills are moving quickly in multiple state legislatures and these principles will form the foundation from which ERIC and our allies will promote reasonable substitutes to the burdensome paid leave mandates being proposed.
ERIC will hold a meeting of its State Paid Leave Task Force on Tuesday, March 19 at 2 p.m. (ET) to discuss and finalize our Paid Family and Medical Leave Principles. Thank you in advance for your consideration and input.
The Principles are designed to ensure that state paid leave laws:
1. Preempt local jurisdictions from adopting paid leave rules
2. Promote the adoption of a social insurance model funded by employee contributions only
3. Waive employers currently offering generous paid leave benefits from the compliance and administrative requirements of state programs
4. Provide for the coordination of paid leave benefits with existing state and federal leave
5. Follow the standards of the federal Family Medical Leave Act whenever possible
To register for the webinar, click on the "Register Now" link at the top of this page (you will need your username and password to register).
*If you are not a member and would like to participate in the webinar, please contact ERIC at 202-789-1400 or e-mail: email@example.com. .