Reminder: We will be holding a FocusOn Call on Wednesday, July 23, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (EDT) to discuss the cases addressed in this issue. Thanks to those who have already registered.
Please find below the latest edition of the Benefits Litigation Update, a joint project of ERIC and the law firm of Epstein Becker Green.
In this Benefits Litigation Update, we are focusing on:
· The U.S. Supreme Court’s decisions in Fifth Third (and several non-ERISA security law cases affecting benefit plans), Hobby Lobby and Conestoga,
· The latest developments regarding equitable remedies after Amara v. Cigna,
· An update on M&G Polymers USA, LLC v. Tackett involving when retiree health benefits are considered to be vested,
· Updates on several other important cases that are currently pending, and
· An editorial from Epstein Becker Green counsel that discusses a possible concern about judicial deference to plan administrative decisions.
We hope you find this latest issue interesting and informative, and will join us on the conference call, where ERIC staff and senior counsel from Epstein Becker Green will discuss the key issues summarized in the Update and answer any questions you may have.
Participating on the call from Epstein Becker Green will be Joan A. Disler, John Houston Pope and Adam Solander. Participating on the call from ERIC will be Scott Macey, President, and Debra Davis, Vice President for Benefits.
The ERIC / Epstein Becker Green conference call will be held on Wednesday, July 23, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (EDT).
After arriving at the registration page, click on “Register Now” at the top of the page and follow the directions (you will need your username and password).
If you have any questions about the call or obtaining your username and password, please e-mail email@example.com or call the ERIC staff (202-789-1400).